Our successful East of England based client is looking for a print experienced Operations Manager to work for their web and sheet fed printing firm.
With a prestigious portfolio of recognisable clients and owning ISO and FSC/PEFC accreditations, this modern printing firm produces short and medium runs operating from a single site, on studio work through to press room operations and binding.
As an Operations Manager, it will be your responsibility to oversee all printing on site ranging across the following formats - brochures, catalogues, calendars, leaflets both press finished and offline finished, posters and booklets, as well as maintain supervision of 8 managers directly underneath you and all remaining 80 staff within the shop floor operations.
You will also be analysing production performance with crew and machinery, your objective will be to improve these performances monthly, with recognisable improvements in run speeds, downtime and make readies.
You will analyse and publish weekly performance figures to the management team and ensure that the printing team crews are making the most of improvement opportunities. As well as being integral to production meetings, machine audits you will also be required to address crew performance issues and conduct annual appraisals.
Responsibilities will span across Production Performance, Supervision, Maintenance, Quality, ISO, Health and Safety and HR but will also include:
- Machine maintenance analysis (reporting any concerns or damage to senior staff)
- Rewriting ISO9001 procedures to ensure corrective actions
- Concentrating your efforts in work methodology, manual and procedure rewrites, conducting both external and internal audits
- Ensuring Health and Safety is legally compliant and is reviewed at all times through risk assessments of working environments, maintaining a safe style of work that all employees adhere to
- Attending monthly review meetings with the Board
Working hours are from 9am to 5pm, however dependent on the client’s needs longer hours can be expected.
Upon your success within the initial period of employment your opportunities and responsibilities will be extended, enabling you to take on more responsibility.
What we are looking for:
- A dedicated and hardworking individual with a good knowledge of print finishing and bindery
- Comprehensive print background
- The capability to take direction of large team
- An individual who is happy to turn their hand at anything
Must be within an hour’s location of the job or willing to relocate.
If you would like to be part of this talented printing firm then please apply with a detailed CV and if applicable, latest work samples or a link to them.
Please note when applying remember to add your location/address details, current and desired salary and any other details about your current benefits package, bonuses or commission structure.
In addition please ensure your CV is a word document with no pictures and text boxes where possible as this helps process your application faster, improving your chances of being considered for the desired position.
Alternatively, where a PDF CV is being submitted please ensure text is selectable and your document has not been flattened or made as an image, text will not be selectable and your application will not be processed.